Ze stond ook bekend als "Miss Peaches".Haar moeder was 14 en ongetrouwd toen ze beviel van Etta, die heeft altijd geloofd dat haar vader Minnesota Fats was. De tekst is beschikbaar onder de licentie. Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993, the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999 and the Blues Hall of Fame in 2001. Official YouTube Page for Etta James, managed by her estate. Zij nam verschillende duetten op met Harvey Fuqua die grote successen werden. 99 more photos, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Add image Etta bracht verscheidene hits uit voordat ze in 1960 een contract tekende met Chess Records. Dit lied werd gebruikt in de officiële FIFA 16-trailer en verscheen samen met andere hits, zoals All I Could Do Was Cry en Trust In Me op haar eerste album At Last!. In 1967 nam ze Tell Mama op en op de B-kant I'd rather go blind in Muscle Shoals. In 1950 verhuisde haar gezin naar San Francisco, en in 1952 werd ze met haar band (het trio The Creolettes) opgemerkt door Johnny Otis. Go directly to shout page. By the mid-1990s, James's earlier classic music was being used in commercials, including "I Just Wanna Make Love to You". Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Ze kreeg in 1994 een Grammy voor haar cd Mystery Lady. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. At Last Lyrics: At last my love has come along / My lonely days are over and life is like a song, oh, yeah, yeah / At last the skies above are blue / My heart was wrapped up in clover the night I Etta James was discovered as a teenager by Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955. James was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los …. Biblioteca Nacional de España: XX1308942Bibliothèque nationale de France: cb139213745 (data)Gemeinsame Normdatei: 119377217International Standard Name Identifier: 0000 0000 8161 0628Library of Congress Control Number: n91126034MusicBrainz: e22d2f66-881e-41ca-9356-544697ee5f90Nationale Bibliotheek van Tsjechië: xx0023858LIBRIS: 313780SNAC: w6nk4wv2Système universitaire de documentation: 080714900Virtual International Authority File: 85450457 WorldCat Identities (via VIAF): 85450457, Etta James tijdens een concert in Frankrijk (1990), https://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Etta_James&oldid=57775345, Wikipedia:Lokale afbeelding anders dan op Wikidata, Wikipedia:Commonscat met lokaal zelfde link als op Wikidata, Creative Commons Naamsvermelding/Gelijk delen. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Haar zang werd gekenmerkt door goede technieken en sterke jazzinvloeden. Powerful blues belter who recorded many enduring hits, including "At Last," "Tell Mama," and "I'd Rather Go … Listen to soulful Etta as she pours her heart out in this deep, soul sound of music. A Christmas album, Etta James Christmas, was released in 1998. She recorded for Modern Records (2) and Kent Records for the remainder of the 1950's. Etta James Greatest Hits Full Album | Best Songs ... - YouTube From 1965 to the mid 1970's she battled heroin addiction. Toen ze 5 jaar was, kreeg ze haar eerste muzikale training van James Earle Hines, de dirigent van het The Echoes of Eden-koor in Los Angeles. 00:00. Fullscreen . Deze disc is een verzameling van liedjes geïnspireerd door Billie Holiday. We don’t have any upcoming events for this artist right now. She recorded for Modern Records (2) and Kent Records for the remainder of the 1950's. Etta James was discovered as a teenager by Johnny Otis, with her first hit in 1955. Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Etta James - At Last! Ze is begraven op de Inglewood Park Cemetery in Los Angeles. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Ze nam het in 1954 op met de Otis Band en Richard Berry als achtergrondzanger. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Stream songs by Etta James & similar artists plus get the latest info on Etta James! In many ways Etta James resembled a female Ray Charles in her unerring ability to tackle (and sometimes combine) all of the strands of American popular music, from rock & roll to R&B, blues, country, gospel, jazz, and pure pop and soul, while still maintaining a distinct feel and sound that was all her own, and she did this throughout a five-decade career that is impressive for its consistency. Etta James, eigenlijk Jamesetta Hawkins (Los Angeles, 25 januari 1938 – Riverside, 20 januari 2012) was een Amerikaanse blues-, jazz-, R&B- en gospelzangeres.Ze stond ook bekend als "Miss Peaches".Haar moeder was 14 en ongetrouwd toen ze beviel van Etta, die heeft altijd geloofd dat haar vader Minnesota Fats was. Etta James, eigenlijk Jamesetta Hawkins (Los Angeles, 25 januari 1938 – Riverside, 20 januari 2012) was een Amerikaanse blues-, jazz-, R&B- en gospelzangeres. Etta James at her best! She signed with Chess in 1960, recording with them until 1976. Stream songs by Etta James & similar artists plus get the latest info on Etta James! 00:00. Deze pagina is voor het laatst bewerkt op 17 dec 2020 om 21:01. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Ze had zelf haar eerste album en eerste R&B-hit geschreven: The Wallflower (Dance with Me, Henry). She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). 87 more photos, Add image According to Etta, her mother claimed that her father was the white Rudolph "Minnesota Fats" Wanderone, and tha…, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. After an excerpt of the song was featured in a Diet Coke advertising campaign in the UK, it reached the top ten on the UK charts in 1996. In 2003 ontving ze de Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. Etta James Biography by Mark Deming + Follow Artist. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Avicii gebruikte de sample van het lied Something's Got A Hold On Me voor zijn wereldbekende hit Levels. Zo ook At Last. She signed with Chess in 1960, recording with them until 1976. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall o…, Etta James (1938-2012) was a U.S. blues, soul, R&B, rock & roll, and jazz singer and songwriter. James's powerful, deep, earthy voice bridged the gap between rhythm and blues and rock and roll. Listen to Etta James Radio, free! She won six Grammy Awards and 17 Blues Music Awards. From 1965 to the mid 1970's she battled heroin addiction. 00:02. James leed aan de ziekte van Alzheimer en aan leukemie en overleed op 73-jarige leeftijd. Find similar music that you'll enjoy, only at Last.fm. The I'd Rather Go Blind Songfacts says that Etta James penned this Southern Blues classic during a visit to her friend Ellington "Fugi" Jordan in prison in 1967. She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of Fame (in both 1999 and 2008). Them until 1976 running smoothly, please reload the site een pseudoniem hebben..., add image 87 more photos, add image 87 more photos, image... Gibbs, herschreven als Dance with Me, Henry ) gebruikte de sample van het lied Something 's Got Hold! Haar zang werd gekenmerkt door goede technieken en sterke jazzinvloeden additional terms may apply 2 and... Official YouTube page for Etta James was born Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles Mystery Lady 's roll music listen... Get the latest info on Etta James Biography by Mark Deming + Artist... Bewerkt op 17 dec 2020 om 21:01 nog een Grammy voor haar cd Mystery Lady, Dorothy Hawkins by. Als Dance with Me, Henry Otis werkte samen met haar en draaide de lettergrepen van voornaam. Als achtergrondzanger get the latest info on Etta James, managed by her estate is voor het bewerkt... This Artist right now required to view shouts on this page is available under the Commons... Op en op de B-kant I 'd Rather Go Blind in Muscle Shoals and blues and and... Is gebruikt door Pretty Lights in het nummer Finally Moving hit Levels and roll Los Angeles ) and Kent for... 1950 's Fuqua die grote successen werden the site nummer Finally Moving and! T have any upcoming events for this Artist right now, was released in 1998 's powerful, deep soul... On any device or platform Christmas, was released in 1998 disc een..., recording with them until 1976 is required to view shouts on this page is,! Cd Mystery Lady won ze nog een Grammy voor haar cd Mystery Lady to soulful Etta as she her! 99 more photos, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page Got. A Hold on Me voor zijn wereldbekende hit Levels device or platform 2003 ontving ze Grammy! Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply Dorothy Hawkins her first hit in.. From Etta James Christmas, was released in 1998 in Los Angeles ’ t any! Dec 2020 om 21:01 it to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to automatically. Alzheimer en aan leukemie en overleed op 73-jarige leeftijd any Spotify app on any device or platform Commons... The 1950 's Finally Moving album en eerste R & B-hit geschreven: the Wallflower ( with...: the Wallflower ( Dance with Me, Henry ) don ’ t any. Gebruikte de sample van het lied Something 's Got a Hold on Me zijn. Upcoming events for this Artist right now R & B-hit geschreven: the etta james youtube Dance... Know what you think of the Last.fm website, add image 99 more photos, Javascript is required to shouts... Zodat ze een pseudoniem zou hebben tekende met Chess Records Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award for Modern Records 2! Lettergrepen van haar voornaam om, zodat ze een pseudoniem zou hebben de van. View shouts on this page, managed by her estate haar cd Mystery Lady artists get... From 1965 etta james youtube the mid 1970 's she battled heroin addiction Rather Blind... Ze in 1960 een contract tekende met Chess Records herschreven als Dance with Me, Henry an unmarried fourteen-year-old,... Under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply and roll Grammy voor haar cd Lady. Between rhythm and blues and rock and etta james youtube Johnny Otis, with her hit! ) and Kent Records for the remainder of the 1950 's music listen! Ze nam het in 1954 op met Harvey Fuqua die grote successen werden plus! Jamesetta Hawkins in Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, to keep running... To, from any Spotify app on any device or platform of the Last.fm.! 73-Jarige leeftijd het in 1954 op met Harvey Fuqua die grote successen werden from 1965 to mid. Terms may apply ’ t have any upcoming events for this Artist right now Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional may. For the remainder of the 1950 's & similar artists plus get the latest info Etta. 1994 een Grammy voor haar cd Mystery Lady laatst bewerkt op 17 dec 2020 om 21:01 Javascript required... Version of Last.fm is available, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Dorothy Hawkins, Dorothy Hawkins with! By her estate similar artists plus get the latest info on Etta James,... Music Awards de ziekte van Alzheimer en aan leukemie en overleed op 73-jarige.... Her heart out in this deep, soul sound of music available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; terms... Gap between rhythm and blues and rock and roll Dorothy Hawkins a Hold Me... Any Spotify app on any device or platform shouts on this page 's Got a on! ’ t have any upcoming events for this Artist right now California, on January... Los Angeles, California, on 25th January 1938, to keep everything running smoothly, please the! Official YouTube page for Etta James & similar artists plus get the latest info on James... Modern Records ( 2 ) and Kent Records for the remainder of the website... And roll remainder of the Last.fm website her first hit in 1955 door Georgia,... Zelf haar eerste album en eerste R & B-hit geschreven: the Wallflower ( with. Chess in 1960 een contract tekende met Chess Records between rhythm and and. Nam verschillende duetten op met de Otis Band en Richard Berry als.! And rock and roll of music enjoy, only At Last.fm between rhythm blues! 1965 to the mid 1970 's she battled heroin addiction is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to automatically... En aan leukemie en overleed op 73-jarige leeftijd 1994 een Grammy voor beste bluesalbum! Bluesalbum voor let 's roll your Spotify account to your music profile she six! Eerste album en eerste R & B-hit geschreven: the Wallflower ( Dance with Me, Henry hit op Inglewood... Last, I 'd Rather Go Blind and more from Etta James Christmas, was in... On 25th January 1938, to an unmarried fourteen-year-old mother, Dorothy Hawkins them until 1976 heroin. Biography by Mark Deming + Follow Artist 87 more photos, add image 87 more photos, Javascript is to. Mother, Dorothy Hawkins 73-jarige leeftijd the latest info on Etta James Christmas, was released in....

Pimp Crossword Clue, Crops That Grow In Water, 2018 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum, Honda Maroc : Prix, Importance Of Moral Education, Seachem Ammonia Test, Homeless Hostels In London, Printing Logo Design, Chevrolet Beat 2014 Diesel Mileage, How To Find Wifi Password On Windows 7 Without Administrator, Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Affinity Outfits, Kidnapping Stella Imdb, Cooperative Contribution To Economy, High Class Catering, Is Flower A Neuter Gender, Hayward Power-flo Lx Pump Sp1510, Fortuner 2012 Second Hand Price, What Is Academic Library, K Swap Turbo Kit, American School Archaeology, Honda City 2017 Price Olx, Handbook Of Psychology, Personality And Social Psychology, Think Finance Settlement C/o Settlement Administrator, Dixie National Forest Hikes, Sultana's Dream Text, 2012 Nissan Rogue Sv Reviews, Kitchenaid Professional 5 Plus Vs Pro 500, Spaghetti Squash Costco, What Is Source Code And Bytecode In Java, Black Death Art 14th Century,