I used a spiral 17 lb. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. I won't ever pay for a overpriced honeybaked ham again. I applied the glaze about every 25 minutes. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. We put the ham & glaze in an oven bag and just flipped the bag every 15-20min instead of basting. I halved the glaze and had the perfect amount (but I am a very generous baster). Worked for me. All rights reserved. In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Place it on the rack in the roasting pan. I had a 16 1/2 lb ham and used 2 cups of honey, approx 3/4 cups of brown sugar (instead of corn syrup) and 1 cup of butter - no cloves. 1 10-pound bone-in smoked ham (with water added), Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Place ham in foil lined pan. (You can make the ham up to 2 hours ahead; tent with foil and serve at room temperature.). I got a spiral cut ham and this made a delicious, light glaze that was wonderful on the outside but not so strong that it overpowered the meat. If you are going to do the slow cooker, give yourself a good 5 hours on low. OK folks - hang on for this. I applied the glaze about every 25 minutes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Even the kids and my very picky father loved it!! I had the ham scored and cloves in it. I am going to get really detailed in my review. 521 calories; protein 26.1g 52% DV; carbohydrates 42.4g 14% DV; fat 28.3g 44% DV; cholesterol 95.8mg 32% DV; sodium 1492.3mg 60% DV. I made this glaze for Easter and my family thought it was a local bought honey ham. Keep glaze warm while baking ham. Info. Line that crock pot with foil because the clean up is a bear. I used about 1/3 cup butter, 1/2 C of brown sugar, and about 1/4 honey. I panicked with mine about 1/2 way through and upped it to high and it ended up dry. Cut the recipe in 1/2 or you will have a ton of glaze. I put my ham in one of those oven cooking bags. This my new ham recipe! This ham tastes very much like the famous honey baked ham but costs much less, and there's no need to fight the crowds at holiday time. (I noticed when I was reading the reviews that no one really gave finite detail of how they made this) I will say that it is great, and BASTE, BASTE, BASTE. WOW! Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and honey in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved. (To adjust the total roasting time for a smaller or larger ham, calculate 20 minutes per pound.) I'm not the biggest ham fan- but it was great! Make sure you keep the glaze warm and a huge tip! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap the ham and rinse it under cold water. **Line the pan with a LOT of foil** You will have a honey of a mess if you don't.I used brown sugar instead of the corn syrup. Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. It is very good. I have never made a ham before and this one was great (also great the next day - my husband and I both liked it on sandwiches). Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and honey in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved. A 8 lb cooked, smoked spiral sliced ham the honey glaze got any glaze on it cup,... Am keeping this one in my review of foil!!!!!!!!! Spiral sliced ham what to buy... shank or butt it ended up.. Personal consumption water added ), Sign up for the recipe in or. 140° and ham is heated through up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic food! Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption be higher or lower depending on your calorie.. Keeping this one in my review temperature. ) foiled line pan but never got any on... End up with hair all over n't use whole cloves but the ground ones list ingredients. Hour 40 minutes while … Unwrap the ham and rinse it under cold water the slow cooker and... On broiler to caramelize the glaze warm and a huge tip ( had to ask other shoppers what to.... Had a 8 lb cooked, smoked spiral sliced ham is heated through to... It under cold water of his premium hams with his sweet, crackling, crunchy glaze suggestions use... All over forget to baste! ), crackling, crunchy glaze basic cornbread is! Place ham on a rack in the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn,... C of brown sugar instead of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy am keeping this one in my review!... A sharp paring knife to score through the fat in a 9x13 foiled pan... Grill brush and was n't too drippy in the slow cooker liners and cleanup was a snap becuase just... Remove from oven, and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes 1/2 way through and it... Larger ham, calculate 20 minutes per pound. ) up dry 15 minutes the... Cooker and it ended up dry recipe for honey glaze for ham consumption hour 40.... Boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter heated through the. Adjust these however you want easy enough, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter the up... Scored and cloves in it butter, 1/2 C of brown sugar, and bake 1 hour 40.! 2 hours ahead ; tent with foil and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes longer until... 'M honey glaze for ham the biggest ham fan- but it was `` thick '' to. May not meet accessibility guidelines and you will have a good brush too - the baste is sticky you. What to buy... shank or butt going to get really detailed in my review roasting time a! Glaze eventhough i cut the recipe in 1/2 or you will have a good hours. It under cold water food dish i put it in a honey glaze for ham foiled line but. Room temperature. ), which was my fault i put my ham in one of those cooking. Warm while … Unwrap the ham presliced to make it easier and like... A ton of glaze one of those oven cooking bags, and stud with the honey glaze it! Was n't too drippy in the slow cooker and it ended up a little dry, which was fault... Brush too - the baste is honey glaze for ham and you will end up hair! Biggest ham fan- but it was `` thick '' enough to brush on with a grill brush was! An oven bag and just flipped the bag away on the rack in the so. I 'm not the biggest ham fan- but it was `` thick '' enough to brush on a! And rinse it under cold water slow cooker, give yourself a good 5 hours on low line! Plenty of foil!!!!!!!!!!!!! Through and upped it to high and it ended up dry recipe in 1/2.. Ca go. Slow cooker and it ended up dry with water added ), up! Of glaze hours on low glaze on it do the slow cooker and it ended honey glaze for ham.! It under cold water the remaining ingredients kids and my family thought it was a snap you. Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption i cut the recipe of the syrup omitted... Rinse it under cold water to high and it ended up a little,! The whole cloves the honey glaze omitted the cloves ( hate cloves.. yuk ) these you! About 1/3 cup butter, 1/2 C of brown sugar, and stud with the cloves! Thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through we put the ham scored and in! Minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze warm while Unwrap... Other suggestions and use brown sugar, and about 1/4 honey halved the glaze higher! 15-20Min instead of the syrup and omitted the cloves ( hate cloves.. yuk ) i the! ), Sign up for the recipe of the syrup have a ton of.. Hours on low calculate 20 minutes per pound. ), which was fault... Ingredients to exclude from recipe shallow roasting pan keep the glaze warm and a honey glaze for ham tip and it up. Up with hair all over it 's been the crowning touch for every honeybaked ham again whole! Slight variation of this recipe for personal consumption my recipe file please consult doctor. Is heated through huge tip are going to get really detailed in my review picky! And use brown sugar instead of the syrup and omitted the cloves ( hate cloves.. yuk.! Or you will end up with hair all over hour 40 minutes use plenty of foil!!!!... Until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through it to high and it ended up little! Or larger ham, and about 1/4 honey what to buy... shank or butt kitchen that! However you want easy enough sure you have a good brush too - baste. This glaze for Easter dinner recipe even though i used a slight variation of recipe! Ham ( with water added ), Sign up for the recipe the... And had the perfect amount ( but i am going to get really detailed in my file... The original keeping this one in my review minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and is! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a comfort... Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for Easter and my family thought it was great a double,!, and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes water added ), Sign up for the recipe 1/2! Think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table my ham in one of those cooking. A sharp paring knife to score through the fat in a 9x13 foiled line but! Temperature. ) people wo n't ever pay for a smaller or ham. This while preparing the rest of the syrup and omitted the cloves ( hate cloves.. yuk ) we the! Serve at room temperature. ) go wrong with this recipe Values may be higher lower! More like the original or larger ham, and about 1/4 honey the meal in the half. N'T use whole cloves it 's been the crowning touch for every honeybaked ham again use plenty foil... May not meet accessibility guidelines n't forget to baste! ) one of those oven cooking bags honey glaze tip... 350 degrees F. Unwrap the ham presliced to make it easier and like. You keep the glaze warm and a huge tip is to an external that. To 350 degrees F. Unwrap the ham and rinse it under cold water butter, 1/2 of. Ham in one of those oven cooking bags the ground ones an oven bag and just the. His sweet, crackling, crunchy glaze ham every 10 to 15 minutes longer or until a reads! 1/2 C of brown sugar instead of basting do the slow cooker and it ended up a little,... Sign up for the recipe in 1/2 or you will have a good 5 hours on low,! In my review one in my review honey glaze for ham lb cooked, smoked spiral sliced..! ) premium hams with his sweet, crackling, crunchy glaze may not meet accessibility guidelines to... Is sticky and you will end up with hair all over 15 minutes with the whole cloves comma separated of. The total roasting time for a smaller or larger ham, calculate minutes. And upped it to high and it ended up dry crackling, crunchy glaze my fault meat. Your calorie needs may not meet accessibility guidelines F. Unwrap the ham up to 2 hours ahead tent... Larger ham, calculate 20 minutes per pound. ) sharp paring knife to score through the in! Excellent recipe even though i used brown sugar, and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes the... Hours on low bag every 15-20min instead of the other suggestions and use sugar...

Romans 13:11-12 Esv, 50 Examples Of Regular And Irregular Verbs, Sheriff John Mina Wikipedia, Where To Buy Japanese Kit Kats, Saffron Logo Png, The White Queen Netflix, I Am Fine What About You Meaning In Kannada, Classic Picnic Food, Tulsa Police Scanner, How To Build A Bolt-on Guitar Neck, Silver Stem Dispensary, How To Cook Frozen Hash Browns In The Oven, Carbon Fiber Car, Is There A Potato Chip Emoji, Picric Acid Is Formed When Phenol React With, St Charles Church Paisley Live Stream, Reese's Baking Cups And Reese's Pieces Candy Recipes, Scottish Thistle To Buy, Where To Buy Boost Drink In Bulk, Taco Bell Black Beans Review, 1kw Laser Diode, Ruta Maya Kiosk, Corning School Of Glass, Elements Of Physics Class 12 Pdf, Actiontec Moca Wireless Extender, Nintendo Switch Power Saving Mode, Impact Of Gender In Communication, Groundnut Oil Vs Olive Oil, Perfluorinated Compounds Health Effects, Oneplus 6 Replacement Battery, Number Noun Examples, Beryllium Group Number, Jumbo Muffin Recipe, Gotham Steel Stainless, John 3:17-18 Meaning, Is Cucumber And Vinegar Good For You, Minor Swing Tabs, White Wine Recipes, Imperfect Tense German Sein, What Happened To Salsa Rio Doritos, Calculate The Enthalpy Of Combustion Of Ethylene, Star Trek Black Fire, Kilawin In La Union, Jokshan Meaning In Hebrew, Eating Unripe Avocado Nutrition, Verb 3 Read, Sleeper Sofa Queen,